During her European tour, Erin Hill will be teaching in Languedoc in May/June 2018. There will be some special 3-hour workshops taking a more in-depth look at how to sketch specific themes!
- Thursday 24 May - Fast & Loose People Sketching (Caunes-Minervois)
- Tuesday 29 May - Sketching Water & Reflections (Bize-Minervois)
- Monday 4 June - Sketching Simple Architecture (Carcassonne)
- Sunday 10 June – Flowers and Nature Sketching (Quarante)
- Friday 15 June – Sketching Markets and Crowds (Beziers)
- Wednesday 20 June – Sketching Food & People (Narbonne)
(Workshops start 10am)
Who are these workshops suitable for?
These workshops are great for those who haven’t sketched with us before and are interested in discovering Travel Sketching through a favourite subject
Regular sketchers hone your skills on a theme you love (or struggle with!)
An excellent way for visitors to get a taste of travel sketching whilst discovering the area
A fun day out and about with like-minded people!
What to expect on the day
If you don't already have your own, your loaned Erin Hill sketch kit is waiting for you – containing sketch pens, aquarelle watercolour pencils and watercolour paints
Meet fellow workshoppers, a small group of maximum 8
Tea or coffee over a bit of an overview by Erin
Start with a ‘How to See’ sketch
Go ‘plein air’ and start sketching on location
Stop for lunch at a local café about 1pm – complete our colour from location sketches
What to bring
Bring your own A5 ring bound sketch book, 110gsm paper or purchase with booking
Rain gear if the weather looks iffy
Portable folding stool (optional)
Money for lunch and morning coffee
Smiles and a willingness to try something new!
Cost & how to book
Workshops are 75€ per person payable in advance. Book now